Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• login take long time server 2008

hello everyone,

i have few problems with my terminal servers and i will be very heppy to solve it .

the server is terminal server 2008 r2 with 8 GB memory the profiles is roaming and the profiles keep in another server,
    the login can take 1 min and have the screen of "please wait for the local session manager"(it long time to to wait 1 min fir login) and can take 10-15 min ..
    now another problem that i think it is may be the reason to that the server everytime create another profile like : profile.001.. and it have files that cant be deleted.

please help me to solve it

thanx
    Last edited by orel86; 10th May 2012, 08:58. Reason: add qoutes

Re: login take long time server 2008

How big are the profiles?
    (Every time you log on with a roaming profile, changed files are copied to the TS, so can take some time)
    Try redirecting as much as possible of the profile and see if that makes a difference
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

what you mean redirect ? :

"Try redirecting as much as possible of the profile and see if that makes a difference"

all the profiles have in the AD line that direct the profile to the

Comment

Use Group Policy to redirect folders in the profile
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Working...
        X