Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MS TS Licensing

Hi,

I have a MS Licensing server running on Server 2003 O/S which appears to have reached maximum issued licences.
    I basically have all the Per Device CAL's available issued and over 15000 Temporary per device licences issued.

I was contemplating whether I should purchase more licences in which case I would need over 15000 per device licences or changing the licensing mode to per user licensing.

Has anyone ever done this, what steps would I take to achieve this with minimal disturbance and what recommendations do you have?

It is also worth noting that this server also holds the Citrix Licencing role.

Re: MS TS Licensing

well.. do you have more users than devices, or the other way around ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I have more users in the environment.

I have a bit more information, the server looks to have issued all permanent CAL's and now is issuing temp CAL's.
      The strange thing is that the issued licences in total is over 15000 device CAL's and plus the temp CAL's which is extraordinary and does niot make sense.

I noticed that I get the option to reactivate server, do you think it's worth attempting this via MS Clearing House? Deactivate is greyed out.

Comment

I would normally recommend, if you have more users than devices, to go per-user.

definitely try reactivating with microsoft..
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

How many Users do you have and do you actually have 15,000 Devices?
          1 1 was a racehorse.
          2 2 was 1 2.
          1 1 1 1 race 1 day,
          2 2 1 1 2

Comment

Working...
          X