Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detail view explorer

Hello,

I know this question has been asked a lot...everywhere. I spent like a day or so trying to get this to work correctly. but Im not having too much luck getting it to work like it should.. anyway here goes.

We have Citrix Xenapp 4.5 running on Windows 2003 server standard. Applications including explorer are being streamed. There is no desktop. I'm trying to get everyone's explorer view as detail view. after many requests by users.

I have made a user policy (preference)setting the correct registry keys for detailview, except when I now login with a test account I get the icon view. If I run gpupdate from a command shell, and reopen, I do have the desired view.

The keys I set are(all in HKCU)

Code:
    (replace)
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell 

(Update)
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders\Shell
    (DWORD)Mode=4
    (REG_SZ)={137E7700-3573-11CF-AE69-08002B2E1262}
    (DWORD)WFlags=0

(create)
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\Shell
    (DWORD)BagMRU Size = 3E8
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellNoRoam
    (DWORD)BagMRU Size = 3E8

(Update)
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\ShellRoam\Bags\AllFolders\Shell
    (DWORD)WFlags=0
    (REG_SZ)vid = {137E7700-3573-11CF-AE69-08002B2E1262}
    (DWORD)Mode = 4
    (replace)
    HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Streams
    settings = 08000000040000000000000000777e137335cf11ae6908002b2e1262040000000b00000043000000
    Kindly help me resolve this issue
    Please give points where appropriate

<I dont create ready scripts for you, but I'm willing to point you in the right direction>

Re: Detail view explorer

If anything is not clear, please do not hesitate to ask.
    I'm still trying to resolve the issue.

<I dont create ready scripts for you, but I'm willing to point you in the right direction>

Comment

Originally posted by Silver23 View Post
      If anything is not clear, please do not hesitate to ask.
      I'm still trying to resolve the issue.
      Please be aware that all members here give up their free time to answer questions as and when they can. We do NOT provide support to a given timescale and do NOT LIKE people bumping posts when they havent had a reply(nothing in 23 hours -- lousy QoS -- we really must refund your membership fee )If you need a response immediately, consider contacting either Microsoft PSS or the Citrix equivalent -- both will be delighted to help you, all major credit cards accepted.
      Tom Jones
      MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
      PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
      IT Trainer / Consultant
      Ossian Ltd
      Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        Please be aware that all members here give up their free time to answer questions as and when they can. We do NOT provide support to a given timescale and do NOT LIKE people bumping posts when they havent had a reply(nothing in 23 hours -- lousy QoS -- we really must refund your membership fee )If you need a response immediately, consider contacting either Microsoft PSS or the Citrix equivalent -- both will be delighted to help you, all major credit cards accepted.
        If you DO NOT have anything to add, why respond at all ?
        You must be a lousy moderator

Comment

Kindly follow the forum rules in future.
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

First of all this is in the wrong forum as its a Terminal Services issue not a Server 2003 issue.

Second of all Tom has responded saying what he did because members here DO NOT get paid for the help that we give. If you need urgent assistance with the issue then contact the relevant company and ask for the support.

Third bumping of posts is NOT allowed on the forum. If someone has an answer to your question then they will respond in due course. See rule 15.

Fourth. We are a professional forum and as such do not take kindly to someone abusing a user of the forum. Please take this as your first warning and do not make remarks like that again. If it happens once more you will be banned. See Rule 7.

Moving to the Terminal Services forum.

Comment

If you DO NOT have anything to add, why respond at all ?
              You must be a lousy moderator
              Silver23,

Ossain is actually a very well though of Moderator from both other MODS and Daniel himself. He's been a moderator longer than I have which is > 5yrs. All he was stating was for you to give it a bit more time before bumping your post. We all contribute a lot of time and effort into these forums to make them what they are.

Please be more respectful in the future.

Michael
              Michael Armstrong
              www.m80arm.co.uk
              MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Well it's not really a TS issue, it might also be a GPO issue.

But since this topic has been utterly raped by moderators, I kindly resign from helping on this stupid forum ever again.

I will be leaving, ban me all you want.

You've been very helpful!

Comment

Well it's not really a TS issue, it might also be a GPO issue.
                  It could well be but it is a GPO issue within Citrix so its a TS issue.

But since this topic has been utterly raped by moderators, I kindly resign from helping on this stupid forum ever again.

I will be leaving, ban me all you want.

You've been very helpful!
                  Your request has been accepted and you will be banned now.

It is completely your inability to follow simple basic rules as set out by Daniel and enforced by moderators.

Enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                  X