No announcement yet.

Terminal Server RDP connection

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server RDP connection

I have a Win 2003 server setup on a Hyper-V system. The system is not allowing users to log in from RDP. I have Terminal servers services installed on this server and 9 other servers. No other server is having this issue just this one system.

If I remove Terminal Server I can RDP into the system with the Admin account no problem. Put Terminal Server back on and I no longer can log in.

Here is the message I get.
    To log on to this remote computer, you must have Terminal Server User Access Permissions on this computer. By default, members of the Remote Desktop group have these permissions. If you are not a member of the Remote Desktop Users group or another group that has these permissions, or if the Remote Desktop User group does not have these permissions, you must be granted these permissions manually.

This was just working a day ago now it's not. I have all the accounts that are accessing the RDP Group in place. Just don't what I'm missing.

Re: Terminal Server RDP connection

Are the users you need to log in to the server part of the Remote Desktop Users group on the 2003 server?
    Have you changed anything in the User Rights Assignment list on the local policies? Is this server in AD? Are any settings related to User Rights Assignment in GPOs that apply to this server?
    What changed since yesterday (when it was working, as you stated)?
    When Terminal Services is installed, can you log in with the administrator account?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.