users on terminal server repeatedly getting new profile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• users on terminal server repeatedly getting new profile

recently users on terminal server repeatedly getting new profile. this has only started recently as users start to notice slower network login times.

each time a user logs on, a new profile is created like so;

username
    username.domainname
    username.domainname.001
    username.domainname.002
    username.domainname.003
    username.domainname.00X
    etc.....

Event viewer hasn't turn anything up in the logs. Access to the network share where the profiles are is accessible to the user

Re: users on terminal server repeatedly getting new profile

any error messages when they log on ?
    do you have ropaming profiles, or redirected folders configured/
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

I get no error messages what so ever.

nothing on the terminal server event viewer.

profiles are roaming and folder redirection has always been on within the organisation.

the issue only started a week ago, and there were not windows updates applied during that period.

Comment

delete all the profiles.
        Delete any reference to these profile in the registry. They'll probably be based on SIDs.

I can't go any further than that.

Mainly because I've never, ever known windows to not provide an error message when it's related to a profile.
        Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Found the issue that was causing the issue in the end....

The Register Key

HLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\NetC ache\PurgeAtNextLogoff

was full with all the SID's that were getting a new profile with each login.

Once I removed the offending SID's the users were getting a much improved login time and I was not longer getting multiple profiles on the terminal server

Now all I need to do, is figure out was is setting it............ oh joy!!

Comment

Working...
          X