Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Access to mapped device from CE .Net5 to 2008 Server

This is my set-up:
    - client: HP T5530, T5520 and T5510 thin clients, running WindowsCE .Net 5. Because of that, the clients run RDP v5.1, not later;
    - servers: Windows Server 2008 RTM (not R2).

The problem start when I connect a DOK device to the client. It is mapped on the server (this is how the RDC is configured), but when I try to access it, I get the attached screenshot.
    Tried to look for a solution myself, but:
    - did not helped much;
    - HP stated they cannot release an upgrade to RDP6, because it is not licensed (by Microsoft) on CE.Net 5.
    The thin clients cannot be upgraded! The solution should come from the server's end.
    Ideas, anyone?

TIA.
    Last edited by sorinso; 12th October 2010, 19:19. Reason: better title ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Re: Access to mapped device from CE .Net5 to 2008 Server

HP does provide a CE6 image for the 5530. I know if you pull the image of a T5530 you can put it back on a T5520 without modifications. I do not know if it is legal or not, but it does function.

Maybe it's just me, but am I missing your screenshot.
    gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by gerth View Post
      HP does provide a CE6 image for the 5530.
      I'll look again, I did not see it
      I know if you pull the image of a T5530 you can put it back on a T5520 without modifications. I do not know if it is legal or not, but it does function.
      I'm not sure you can do that... It did not work with any of the previous versions of images (it always gave an error message), but I'm willing to try it (if I'll find it, that is ).
      Maybe it's just me, but am I missing your screenshot.
      I'm sure I uploaded it earlier, but here it is again
      Attached Files

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

I see the screen shot. I have not seen that error before. It may be some kind of security setting on the 2008 box

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...tem=vc-82824-1

Is the download for the image. Just put the image on a T5530 with the usb tools, and the use ghost or Altiris to move the image to a T5520, I do not know about the T5510.
        gerth

MCITP sa, ea & va, [email protected]

Comment

It may be some kind of security setting on the 2008 box
          It is indeed. And it is related to the RDP version. On T5540 thin clients that I have, working with CE .Net 6 and RDP 6 it's not happening, I manage to access the disk on key without any problem.
          10nx, good catch. I did find it after you mentioned it, so your post helped a lot. Worth some rep. point, IMHO Thanks again!

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
          X