Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cannot connect to specific computer RDP all of a sudden, but other computers can.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cannot connect to specific computer RDP all of a sudden, but other computers can.

I can connect to the computer in question using RDP from any computer but the one i use to connect for administratove purposes.

It say's " Your computer could not connect to another consode session on the remote computer because you already have a console session in progress". This just started out of nowhere. I've restarted the computer several tiimes.

I use this computer to connect to many RDP sessions with no problem. There are no restrictions on the remote computer in question

Thanks

Check the server and remove any open sessions

Comment

it's not a server, a computer.

Comment

Are you connecting to the correct IP address??

Comment

A few more clues, possibly, instead of one sentence answers:
          What OS is this "computer" (which IMHO includes servers, but never mind) running?
          You say you have no problems connecting to it from other computers - have you ever from the one in question?
          If you have, what has changed?
          Have you tried disabling firewalls, AV etc on the computer you are connecting from?
          Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd
          Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by wullieb1 View Post
            Are you connecting to the correct IP address??
            yes, it's a computer i use often. It's my IT computer at a remote site.

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
              A few more clues, possibly, instead of one sentence answers:
              What OS is this "computer" (which IMHO includes servers, but never mind) running?
              You say you have no problems connecting to it from other computers - have you ever from the one in question?
              If you have, what has changed?
              Have you tried disabling firewalls, AV etc on the computer you are connecting from?
              OS is WIN 7, I've never had a problem before with this or any computer for that matter, really weird. Nothing has changed. I've disabled the firewalls, was able to connect to the computer from other computers before disabliing.

Basically i have a compuer in each one of my locations. I only use those computers to do work. At my main office, the computer i work off of is what i use to connect to these computers, servers, firewalls etc. So I wonder if it's my main work computer that is the problem, not the remote computer. Since i can log onto the computer in question, from any other computer(which i never do, i only know that because i was troubleshooting.) However my main work computer doesn't have a problem with any other computer, server, etc. Just this one.

Just weird that it says I "already have one in session"

Thanks

Comment

The message is pretty crap to be honest and can cover a multitude of sins.

Everything I've read up on seems to point to connecting to the wrong IP address hence the reason i asked. How do you connect to the machine?

Does the machine have its IP address issued via DHCP? or is it Static?

Comment

I've read the same thing also like you, that's when i came to the forum for help. The machine is static. i have a folder that houses all of my rdp's that i use on a daily basis, have had it for years. i have copied this folder to my other it machines to use, so i wouldn't have to create them 1 by 1 again, i have over 20 of them. i did select edit to see if the ip address had changed somehow, it didn't.

I don't know if networking works like the following, but the only thing i could imagine, is that somehow the mac address of this computer is bound up in the firewall somehow, port 3389 being active with the address, and not releasing. Really reaching with that one, i guess i'm basing that off the error "already have one in session".

if by some miracle i'm right about that one, i've restarted both computers in question, the firewall on the side i'm trying to connect to, but not this side.

Thanks

Comment

I figured it out, something stupid of coarse. I had the ip address of the computer in question, set in the Advanced TCP/IP Settings , in the computer i was using to connect.

Comment

Working...
                    X