X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting a certificate for a RDS Gateway

Hello,

I have a RDS Gateway in the DMZ, hence, not domain-joined

I am following this guide to get the certificate: http://sheeponline.net/rds-certificates.html

But my machine, not being domain-joined, does not have a FQDN like: computer.domain.com

So, according to the mentioned guide, the certificate subject should be a FQDN.

Should I join the machine to the domain?

Maybe I could add a DNS suffix to the machine, even when not join into the domain?

Thanks in advance!
    -
    Madrid (Spain).

The DNS suffix is independent of the AD domain
    How is DNS being provided?
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I am pointing the RDS Gateway machine's DNS to the internal DNS server (DC1) , through a rule in the isa firewall, and it works fine.

Yet, following that article, the certificate's common name is a FQDN, whereas the RDS Gateway server does not have a FQDN, just a netbios machine.
      -
      Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Answering myself:

Yes, if you add a dns suffix to the RDS Gateway (which is not domain-joined) , the certificate request goes just fine.

I have another question:

If I had some internal RDS Servers (LAN, behind the internal firewall) , then the Certificate should be a SAN ?
        -
        Madrid (Spain).

Comment

Working...
        X