Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Printing Error via ts

Hello all,

I am having a really annoying issue with printing in windows 2008.

The Server is Running windows 2008 32bit with sp2 and all current updates.

I am receiving this error when trying to print to ANY ts redirected printer, if I setup the network printer via a tcpip port it will print without any problems at all but any redirected printer comes up with this error "the test page failed to print. Would you like to view the print troubleshooter for assistance? Operation could not be completed. (error 0x00000057)" I have tried lots of different printers and they all show the same error message when logged in via terminal services. I have logged on via ts as the domain administrator and still get the same.

I have looked around the web and a few people seem to be having the same issue but there doesn’t seem to be a fix for it.... I have seen some people say it could be a permission problem....?? The server is a Dc and logged in as the domain administrator.

Can anyone help?

Cheers
    Last edited by Si_Pe; 3rd October 2010, 13:10.
    Kind Regards,
    Simon

Re: Printing Error via ts

Hi,

I have removed the Easy print driver and re installed it and the error no longer appears but the printer doesn't print and the job just leaves the que, if I send a job to the no re directed printer it prints ok..

Cheers
    Kind Regards,
    Simon

Comment

Hi,

After looking in the eventlog after trying to print I am now getting the following in the system log.

"The Document Test Page, owned by Administrator failed to print. Try to print again or restart the print spooler. Data Type: RAW. Size of the spool file in bytes 135499. Win32 error code returned by the printer process:5.Access is denied.

Has anyone got any idea what access has been denied? Its logged in as the administrator and the Ts session is logged on as a administrator.

Thanks,
      Simon
      Kind Regards,
      Simon

Comment

I have found this link http://support.ccsolution.no/index.p...kbarticleid=13

I have tried to change the permissions on the spool folder but i cant change the permissions on one file. spoolerETW.etl I have tried to change the permissions but the administrator can't change or view them for this file...

Anyone help me out?

Cheers
        Kind Regards,
        Simon

Comment

Hi all,

I have now fixed this issue by using this link!

http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...ied-error.aspx

I changed the location of the spool folder in the printer server properties.

Many thanks!

Simon
          Kind Regards,
          Simon

Comment

Thanks, Simon, for posting the solution.
            Future generations will be grateful
            Nevertheless, since this is more a TS issue than a plain 2008 Server one, I am moving this thread to the TS forum.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
            -

Comment

We are using a product called UniPrint which simplifies server/client printing. The drivers are only needed on the client machine.

Looks like they also have a gateway solution.

Comment

Working...
              X