Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Migrating TS profiles from 2003 domain to 2008 Domain

Dear all

I am faced with a situation of where I have setup a new 2008 domain with a separate TS box in that domain and am going to need to migrate users TS profiles from the old 2003 domain to the new 2008 TS box. I have setup roaming TS profiles which are stored in the same location.
    However, 2003 profiles and 2008 profiles are different from one another and from what I have been reading on the net, what I am trying to achieve is not possible.
    Has anyone done what I am trying to do or can anyone suggest some solutions as to how I may get around this. Alternatively, it looks like it may be a manual job, which I wasn't looking forwards to.

Re: Migrating TS profiles from 2003 domain to 2008 Domain

You can share some aspects of the profiles by redirecting certain folders to a common folder for each profile (such as redirecting Application Data) but for the most part you're going to wind up with 2 profiles per user, which you'll need to configure manually.

I know it's a headache. I've got 800 user profiles to deal with and that's what has kept me from upgrading from W2K3.

I'm kind of surprised that this isn't a bigger issue with MS and that they haven't devised a method or tool for making this easier.

Comment

I thought it would wind down to a manual task. Thank goodness it is only a handful of 20 users, which still a pain but is manageble.
      I am suprised too that microsoft hasn't devised a easier method or tool.
      Thanks for your help anyways joeqwerty.

Comment

Glad to help.

Comment

Working...
        X