No announcement yet.

Surface 4 Pro restarts Windows 2012 R2 Terminal Server when it logs off

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Surface 4 Pro restarts Windows 2012 R2 Terminal Server when it logs off

I have a Surface 4 Pro with the latest update, 2/17/2016, using a docking station with adapters from Microsoft, 2 external monitors, using all monitors attached in full screen mode, it will restart the server when the user logs off. I have several Surface 3 Pros that have never cause this issue. One is using the same docking station that the Surface Pro 4 uses. If you use 1 monitor in a window, it will not do it. I have contacted Microsoft twice on this issue and have received no help from the Surface Tech Support. When I contact Microsoft direct for the Windows 2012 R2 Terminal Server, they say I have to contact Surface support. Has anyone else had this issue with Terminal Server and Surface 4 Pro units? Any ideas on what I can do to correct? When the Server restarts, I am not seeing any errors in the event viewer as to why it was restarted.

Have you watched this behavior in action and are you sure that the user isn't inadvertently restarting the server?

The user only has logoff and disconnect rights. I have done it myself with a laptop connected to the server as admin and connecting with you user login on the Surface 4 Pro. I will restart the server every time you logoff the Surface 4. If you disconnect, it will not restart. If I logoff the disconnected session, it will restart the server.