Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• gpo for RDS users not applies

RDS 2012 farm in place.
    I created and linked a GPO (user settings only) to OU=RDS_deployment that hosts all RDS farm servers (Brokers, RDSHs, SQL).
    I expected that GPO will apply to any user accessing RDS, in my case by RemoteApp. But it not happens. I checked Resultant GPO for one of RDSH host with existing user name.
    I see that Domain policies are applied but not linked to RDS OU.
    More détails:
    I need to change Office 2013 language settings. In instructions (below) the settings are mentioned available in Computer and User Configuration. But there are no Language settings for Computer.
    So my logic saying that when using User Configuration it should affect every logged in user.
    I have some computer GPO that works fine for HOSTs.
    How to manage GPOs that should be applied to RDS users?
    Where I am wrong?
    Thanks.

"When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

User GPO settings apply to USERS in the OU the GPO is linked to. If there are no users in the RDS OU, the settings will not apply.

You need to either apply the GPO to the users OU or look into Loopback Processing: https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=gp...ABA&gws_rd=ssl
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Thanks for REFRESHING my mind

I basically have no issue with applying this gpo on top of the domain. But I guess it will be smarter to use loopback.
      If I remember correctly TSs are a primary target for LOOPBACK gpo.

And it should help me in situation when I want to apply GPO to TS session users... Will check it again.

Is there an option in new FORUM interface for Mark as anser or Right answer or Add to Reputation. Want to add to you. Thanks Ossian!
      "When you hit a wrong note it's the next note that makes it good or bad". Miles Davis

Comment

Sorry for SHOUTING - I was busy capitalising the TLAs and forgot...
        No Rep points any more (or at least no way of adding to them), but the thought is appreciated. Let us know how you get on!
        Tom Jones
        MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
        PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
        IT Trainer / Consultant
        Ossian Ltd
        Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

works as a charm....
          I used the link below (took from your general search link)

Super comprehensive refreshment . Last time used Loopback 10 years ago

http://kudratsapaev.blogspot.ca/2009/07/loopback-processing-of-group-policy.html

Comment

Working...
          X