Enable remote desktop to all domain users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enable remote desktop to all domain users

Hi friends, In our company we have implemented the domain with a WinSvr2008R2 and I want to know how to Enable remote desktop to all domain users.

I'm able to login as administrator, as All client machines are enabled remote desktop.

Now if the issue is a user is having problem with Outlook mails I'm not able to logon and check remotely using that users account.

* And importantly is there any way to enable remote desktop to all domain users but to restrict the local users to not to use the remote desktop. I mean to allow remote desktop to all domain users only from a particular machine

Thanks
    Regards,

Naresh

Re: Enable remote desktop to all domain users

So each user should be able to remote desktop into their PC only? (and not into anyone elses)
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I think what OP wants is for the system administrators to be able to use MSTSC to logon to any computer in the domain, using the credentials of a user, to assist in troubleshooting.

IE, adminOssian wants to help UserTehCamel, so can use MSTSC to remote into UserTehcamel's desktop, as user TehCamel to troubleshoot.

However, UserTehCamel, should NOT be able to use the MSTSC application, or be able to actually remote onto anything else

which, i guess, is sort of what you're suggesting..
      Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
        So each user should be able to remote desktop into their PC only? (and not into anyone elses)
        It's actually from only one machine we need to access other machines remotely. Eg : Only from Server we will take remote.
        Regards,

Naresh

Comment

you need to enable and use remote assistance not remote desktop, you can then view the users session and/or take remote control, remote desktop is what you would use if you wanted to logon to the computer with your own credentials.

If you logged on remotely using the users credentials using remote desktop..
          1, The users account would need to be added Remote Desktop Users
          2, you would need to know the users password
          3, the remote screen would show as being locked to the user so they couldn't show you the problem anyway.
          Last edited by hazey; 22nd April 2010, 06:09.

Comment

The link below explains how to administer remote assistance, including how to connect directly to the users PC without needing a user invitation which is perfect in a help desk situation (note the user will need to accept your connection so you just cant connect into there PC without them knowing)

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../bb456978.aspx

Comment

Working...
            X