No announcement yet.

Peachtree 2005 & Terminal Services

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peachtree 2005 & Terminal Services

Just thought I'd check to see if anyone knew a workaround: Peachtree 2005 installed on Server 2003 with terminal services server installed gives a message on fresh install: "Peachtree could not detecty the status ofr the Peachtree INI file."

Called the company and they said it was an issue with 2003 Terminal Services. And of course if we wanted to upgrade to Peachtree 2006 they have overcome that issue. Well we just bought this version 8 months ago and was checking if anyone knew a fix for this.......

Re: Peachtree 2005 & Terminal Services

Well, besides trying to use Citrix 4.0 or Program Compatibility Wizard I donít think that you can override
    The software limitation.
    However, usually when you buy software you have in the first year maintenance service. This usually gives
    You free upgrade of the software you own.
    There answer if this option will need come from the software Eula and the sales person.

Last edited by yuval14; 20th August 2005, 18:54.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Paste the following into a .reg file and apply it. It will change the application compatibilty for the peachw.exe so it can find the shared .ini file for the application in the %systemroot% folder.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Terminal Server\Compatibility\Applications\peachw]

Let me know if there is anythng else you are having Term issues with.

Hi! I have some questions about Peachtree. I am currently running peachtree 2004 on Windows 2003 Terminal Server with 20+ users using a similar modification to the one you referenced. All of the users have thier own set of .ini files etc. Due to some recent problems with some .DAT file errors, I'd like to upgrade to 2005 or 2006. Am I going to run into a problem maxing out at 5 users or is it open(unrestricted) like '04? Do you know of any other problems with the upgrade in this enviroment? Any help is greatly appriciated!

IMHO this is a question best addressed to Peachtree themselves!

Tom Jones
          MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
          PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
          IT Trainer / Consultant
          Ossian Ltd

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **