No announcement yet.

Terminal Services Printing issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Services Printing issue

Hi Guys
    We have an issue with using the terminal service printing and a published remote app.
    On the client side we use
    Windows XP SP3
    Internet Explorer 6 SP3
    .Net Framework 2.0 SP1
    On server side
    Server Windows 2008 SP2
    Terminal Service 200

1. The first issue was that we could not see any printers when launching the remote app application so after searching I found out I require .Net Framework 3.0 SP1 to be installed on the client.
    So the clients now have
    Windows XP SP3
    Internet Explorer 6 SP3
    .Net Framework 3.0 SP1

After installing the .Net Framework 3.0 SP1 we were able to see the printers on the remote application however the application hung. The same behaviour did not happen when launching wordpad that is also published.

We can start the browser log onto the Terminal Services front end and launch the application.
    We log in with our credentials and then the application just hangs.
    I do the same with another published app "wordpad" and it runs everytime i.e. does not hang.
    So the combination that is causing issues seem to be
    Windows XP SP3
    Internet Explorer 6 SP3
    .Net Framework 3.0 SP1
    If we uninstall .Net Framework 3.0 SP1 and go back to .net framework 2.0 the application launches everytime however we do not see the printers anymore?

I did not install any printer drivers on the server side just using easy print do I need to install the print drivers is that the option I need to use?

Can anyone assist on this?

Re: Terminal Services Printing issue

Did you review:

Also, please use RDC 7.0 on the clients side.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Re: Terminal Services Printing issue

I have all the required setup and yet EASY PRINT does not see my tally printers unless I put a driver on the 2008 server or set my client to a tally driver similar to one already on the server, after either of which Easy Print see's the printer fine.

So I would suggest trying to put the drivers on the server.

Also here is a very nice tutorial on Easy Print

this is a qoute from the article
      An important note - for any client computers that do not support the Terminal Services Easy Print feature, only client printers that have a corresponding driver on the Windows Server 2008 Terminal Server can be redirected in a Terminal Server session.
      Last edited by 1badco3; 11th December 2009, 12:48.