Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• apllication process running below normal in windows 2003

Hi,

We have a server that runs an application that is accessed throgh terminal server/citrix. When multiple users run the application the process appears in the task manager. The strange thing is that one of the process runs at above normal and the other runs at below normal.

the server is not over loaded but is running on esx but this should not be an issue. can i get these to run as normal? when i try to change the priority its says "access denied"

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks

Re: apllication process running below normal in windows 2003

how do you mean "runs above normal" - one instance of the process runs at higher utilisation than the other processes ?
    Is it memory or cpu utilisation that's higher?
    What is the program?

Does the higher utilisation process always belong to the same user, or does it vary ?
    Please do show your appreciation to those who assist you by leaving Rep Point https://www.petri.com/forums/core/im.../icon_beer.gif

Comment

Originally posted by phill View Post
      Hi,

We have a server that runs an application that is accessed throgh terminal server/citrix. When multiple users run the application the process appears in the task manager. The strange thing is that one of the process runs at above normal and the other runs at below normal.

the server is not over loaded but is running on esx but this should not be an issue. can i get these to run as normal? when i try to change the priority its says "access denied"

Any help much appreciated.

Thanks
      Are you actually having any performance problems? Why do you need to change it? The process priority is most likely set by the developer and there is probably a reason behind it.
      I don't think you'd be able to change the priority via Task manager unless the process is running under the same user account (Security context) you are logged on.

However, you can have a more detailed look and maybe a way to change the priority of the process by using Process Explorer from sysinternals.

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Hi,

We dont seem to be having performace issuesbut when this application runs it can take some time to finish. The application is toad by quest and is used to create queries etc. As this application may take time to gather data, users see that the process is below normal and query why this is.

Its seems strange that the cpu priority for one user it runs as below normal and above normal for another user.

Thanks

Comment

Try to use the updated version of Toad...
          Also, I donít think that Toad should be used on TS due its CPU + Memory requirements..
          Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Working...
          X