No announcement yet.

RemoteApp in Windows 2003 - possible ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RemoteApp in Windows 2003 - possible ?

Hy all,

I saw the RemoteApp feature in Windows 2008 terminal services and it made think if theres any way to implement the same method to windows 2003 terminal services also - prefered via microsoft build-in tools and not 3rd party.

My issue is that some of my users have to log to several TS for seperate applications and it can be confusing to handle 3-4 terminal desktop open including the local computer.
    So the RemoteApp is very nice feature that give them a fealling that the application they launch with the shortcut is running locally and not on a remote terminal.

So is there a way to do that in Windows 2003 or Windows 2003 R2 ??

Thank you for the help

Re: RemoteApp in Windows 2003 - possible ?

I to would like to know if there is a way - as our company doesnt look like there going to upgrade the network

Comment

Re: RemoteApp in Windows 2003 - possible ?

Nothing in Server 2003 can emulate the RemoteApp experience. You would have to purchase a third-party tool like Citrix or 2X Application Sever. Sorry!
      Wesley David
      LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
      -------------------------------
      Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
      Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
      Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
      Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Working...
      X