X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2003 R2 TS Local Resources

Hi!

First, I will explain situation...

On TS is an application that is used for PC cash register, printing receipts.

Client computer has a SERIAL port attached thermal printer. There is an application called F-Link that is "middleware" between computer and printer.

F-Link application is printing everything, in appropriate format, that appears in c:\temp

Cash register application creates a file that should saved in c:\temp on remote client computer and when it is saved in there, F-Link takes the file and sends it on SERIAL port and receipt is printed.

To enable users to "print" these receipts from remote TS W2K3 SP2 R2 server, I have connected Local Disk in RDP session.

I have configured, in user profile of TS, "receipt app" INI file, that a receipt file should be saved in \\tsclient\temp and everything works fine. Receipt file is sent from TS thru RDP session to local client computer and receipt is printed.

PROBLEM:

There is 5 remote client that are using procedure explained above.

From time to time, when one client succesfully prints a receipt on location "1", receipt is printed on location "2", also (client computer on location 2 is doing nothing... it is just logged in TS) .

At the end of a day, location "2" has a bad (disaccorded) receipt report. Report states that they sold a book, for example, that is not sold on lcoation "2" (actually, it is sold on location "1").

Very confused, don't have any ideas.
    Last edited by kojo1984; 13th August 2009, 08:01.

Re: Windows 2003 R2 TS Local Resources

Your company is using a bad solution from my point of view.
    Its recommanded to move to a real supporting application.
    Mean while, you can try to create a new folder like:
    c:\queue and provide to each computer a unique folder under it.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Re: Windows 2003 R2 TS Local Resources

Originally posted by yuval14 View Post
      Your company is using a bad solution from my point of view.
      Its recommanded to move to a real supporting application.
      Mean while, you can try to create a new folder like:
      c:\queue and provide to each computer a unique folder under it.

Did that... no good...

When receipt file is copied ftom TS to TS client, I configured it to remain in c:\temp. I configured that on all TS client computers.

What hapends... On Computer1, receipt is printed and there is a file in c:\temp, but on Computer2, receipt is also printed (where it should not be printed), but there is no file in c:\temp1.

Comment

Working...
      X