Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Folder Redirection

Need some help..

I am currently expanding my Terminal Servers from 1 to X and I want to move the mydocuments, etc to a central location (without bloating space on both machines)

I have a default GPO and a EXTREMELY SIMPLE version of the GPO just for my test server.

------------------------
    My test is setup as: Temp OU (not inheriting any Policy) with a new GPO..

The new GPO simply has Folder redirection turned on and nothing else inside of it.

I have created the Share folder as \\blahblah\FolderRedirection and configured the share as "Everyone FULL, Domain Admins FULL" and Security the same.
    -- I have set this several ways from reading articles.. etc

I also remove exclusive rights on Redirection

----------------------
    I log in to my test server and run rsop.msc and the folder redirection is not listed. I can add random rules and they will show after a gpupdate /force. I have rebooted several times and have never received a message in any event logs. ** This leads me to believe this is my real issue..
    ----------------------

Please help before all my hair goes grey...

Thanks!
    Hobie

Re: Folder Redirection

Is your top level default GPO set to No Override?

Comment

I do not have "No Overide" however I googled it and found it was changed to "Enforced"

All of my GPOs have "Enforced" as "No"

They appear to be "Linked" correctly to the proper OUs
      IE:
      Main GPO Linked to domainname
      FolderRedirect GPO Link to domainname/TerminalServers

Thanks,
      Hobie

Comment

http://www.windowsnetworking.com/art...up-Policy.html

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260370
        Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Yuval -

I am running my system just like they recommend. Perhaps I am looking i nthe wrong place, but I cannot find any replication of the folder redirect rules I setup in the GPO..

Again, I run the rsop.msc on the terminal machine and it shows all the rules I create *EXCEPT* the folder redirect rules..

I have logged onto the machine using various users to verify it is not a my user credentials issue..

Thanks for the suggestions and please send more.. this is driving me crazy.
          Hobie

Comment

Where is the folder redirection GPO linked? To the user OU or to the TS server OU? Folder Redirection is a user setting, therefore if the GPO is linked to the TS server OU you'll need to configure loopback policy processing in that GPO. Otherwise the GPO settings from the GPO linked to the user OU will be applied instead.

GPO's are applied to objects in their path. Folder Redirection is a user setting, therefore the user settings in the GPO linked to the OU (path) where the user object exists will be processed only. If you want the user settings from the GPO linked to the TS server OU (path) to be applied you need to enable loopback policy processing. The configuration you're trying to achieve is exactly why loopback policy processing exists.

Comment

Yuval -

If that is what you were implying thanks, I know it is impossible to know everything I have tried and the article you gave did talk about loopback, I just got lost in the explaination until joe explained it.

---------------------------------------------------

joeqwerty -

Thank you!!!

---------------------------------------------------

Once I enable loopback processing everything started to work!! Now I can move forward.

Thanks again for helping and being here!
              Hobie

Comment

Glad to help and glad to be in such esteemed company as Yuval (and yourself).

Comment

Working...
                X