Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Antiviru on Terminal Server

Hi,

I'm deploying Terminal Server on my network and concern about the Anti Virus. I heard that deploying anti virus on TS it slows down the performance. Is it True?

Re: Antiviru on Terminal Server

All AV software will grab processor cycles and slow down file access (on any machine)
    But the benefits of having virus defence, and the risk of loss or damage to your data if you dont, outweigh this manyfold

This is especially true of a terminal server, where you will get non-expert users acting as if it is a workstation, so emailing, web surfing, working with strange files and generally risking your systems.

So, IMHO, AV on a terminal server is an absolute must before users get loose on it!
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

I agree with Ossian. The risk of getting malware infections is too great if you run without AV software on the TS.

Yes, the AV will consume resources just like any other program running on the TS but they're negligible. Find an AV product that runs it's processes "per machine" and not "per user" to keep the resource consumption to a minimum.

Comment

Hi,

Each AV vendor should provide you instructions how to deploy AV on TS.
        This usually not quick setup etc.

I can recommanded you to use only Mcafee or Trend Micro.
        Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Working...
        X