No announcement yet.

Terminal Server 2003 Folder Security

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server 2003 Folder Security

This is my first posting. I have users who access my Terminal Server 2003 VIA Remote Desktop. I had to do everything myself and don't know as much as I should. I want to set up security so the users can NOT use explorer and see files and double-click to have the default extension associated with the file cause the file to launch an application and display the contents. BUT when they use the software I have on the server I want them to be able to open the file through the software and program that controls and restricts access. What I have is a way for people to just double-click on a file payroll.db and it will open in my database program and display the contents. I looked at the security for folders and if I restrict "List Folder Contents" they can't open the file within the program either. Please advise. Thanks.

Re: Terminal Server 2003 Folder Security

1. Why not to use Windows 2008 and TS gateway - so you publish the application to users?

2. You can hide driver letter by using GPO and using shortcut to open the application.

3. Consider to use a real software and not some access etc. based software.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: