Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Accpac view corruption under terminal services [Was:Please help, is hard to solve]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accpac view corruption under terminal services [Was:Please help, is hard to solve]

I really need some help, as this issue has been ongoing for months now. We are running Microsoft Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition, SP2, Intel 2.33 GHz Processor, and 12 GB RAM, with Terminal Services for 7 Windows XP Workstations on the Network. They Remote Desktop ino the Server, and then use the typical Email, and other Server related resources with no issues. The issue arises when certain users login, and open sage Accpac ERP version 5.5A. this only happens in this Software, never in word, excel or any other program. After using Accpac for a while, and sometimes right away, the text in some of the fields, say order entries for example, displays text other than whats actually there. People logged remotely, outside the network can login to the workstation in question, and at the same time see the text that’s actually supposed to be there, while at the workstation itself, the text displays anything arbitrary, or internet URL’s etc, but not what’s actually there.
    This is what we’re tried:
    1) 3 of the 7 users have these issues. We had one of the users (who was experiencing this problem regularly) login to another workstation where this problem was never occurring for another user, and the problem came up within a few hours of being logged into the other workstation. But the user who normally logs into that workstation never has issues. Could this be Profile specific?
    2) We’ve played with the video settings on both the infected workstations, and on the server itself where Terminal Services resides, with no effect whatsoever.
    3) We’ve had the user login locally to the server and use Accpac, and no issues occurred, this told us it was a Terminal Services or Accpac Issue at least.
    4) Accpac has stated that this version in use is compatible with Terminal Services, and supports it, but has no solution, as it COULD be a Terminal Services issue, and not Accpac itself.
    5) We’re upgraded the RAM on the Server to 12 GB.
    6) We’ve replaced the video card on the server, installed all updates etc.
    You people are the Masters, I’m only looking for possible solutions, or things we can try, this setup is the only way we could get performance out of Accpac, as when it was installed locally on each workstation, it was soooooo slow, and would have cost too much to upgrade every workstation to accommodate it.
    Thank you all….

Re: Please help, this one is hard to solve

Please use a better title for your thread as "Please help, this one is hard to solve" does not convey ANY useful information at all.

Have you raised the issue with Sage -- thats why you pay them all the money for support?
    Point 1 -- have you tried deleting a profile and letting the user start again with a fresh one?
    Point 2 -- do you mean "affected" or is there a virus issue?
    Point 4 -- see above, dont accept "has no solution"
    Tom Jones
    MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
    PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
    IT Trainer / Consultant
    Ossian Ltd
    Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Did you contact Accpac ERP support? I guess that this some "feather" of this software...
      Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

we have been working with their tech guy who installed it on the network very closely, they are not dodging the issue, but cant seem to think outside the box either...

Comment

Originally posted by Ossian View Post
          Please use a better title for your thread as "Please help, this one is hard to solve" does not convey ANY useful information at all.

Have you raised the issue with Sage -- thats why you pay them all the money for support?
          Point 1 -- have you tried deleting a profile and letting the user start again with a fresh one?
          Point 2 -- do you mean "affected" or is there a virus issue?
          Point 4 -- see above, dont accept "has no solution"

the title is only to get people interested, the body of the message has the relevant info, i've been rather successful in the past, as there have been times when i've posted the exact topic in the title, and got no responses whatsoever, but your probably right in the end....

We have been working with SAGE very closely, but seeing as it is our network, we dont want to leave it in their hands completely, as it could be a Terminal Services issue as well..
          point 1 - that was going to be our next step, as we have not tried that yet...more and more people are suggesting that approach.
          point 2 - i dont understand "affected"??? was i suppised to say "effected"? if so i appologise. there is no virus, the network is clean.
          point 4 - i never accept "no solution" thats why we've been on this for months...the solution is only a matter of time...

thanks for the reply.

Comment

Please check the forum rules http://forums.petri.com/announcement.php?f=26 about thread titles
            Point 2 -- you said "infected" as in virus infection -- I wanted to check that you did not have a virus problem
            Point 4 -- the way you worded it, I got the impression Sage had given up!

Agree re Sage and terminal services, but since the issue affects their application only, they should be your first point of call
            Tom Jones
            MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
            PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
            IT Trainer / Consultant
            Ossian Ltd
            Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

point taken.

point 2- bad choice of words.
              point 4- i found out something interesting yesterday, my co-worker has re-created the profile from scratch, no effect. sage, on the other hand, said they have never tested the product with more than two windows open simultaneously...where as the employee has 10 or more sometimes, and sage said if the employee tried using only a couple, the problems will go away. i'm gonna phone the employee and see if he's willing to close all the extra windows for a few hours (when i say extra windows, i mean he has around 10 or so from accpac open, to fill orders more quickly, as opposed to one or two, completing the order, saving and closing the window, and opening another one at that point to start a new order) and see if that makes any difference.

Comment

Working...
              X