Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

terminal server - manage user's to work only terminal?!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminal server - manage user's to work only terminal?!

sorry for opening another question.

i've got station (running win9 that i want to connect to the terminal server.
    but i dont want the user's to be able to work on the win98.
    is there somekind of tool that make them work on the terminal, and maybe when the do logoff its shut down their's computer.

poledit and lock down everything, only give them 1 icon on the desktop to TS onto your server.

topper.
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

There are some Linux Thin clients also working think about - They can be booted up via CD, Network, USB etc

Maybe worth thinking about if you dont actually need the 98 machine.

That's my 2pence worth

Michael
      Michael Armstrong
      www.m80arm.co.uk
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Re: terminal server - manage user's to work only terminal?!

Originally posted by redrabbit
        sorry for opening another question.

i've got station (running win9 that i want to connect to the terminal server.
        but i dont want the user's to be able to work on the win98.
        is there somekind of tool that make them work on the terminal, and maybe when the do logoff its shut down their's computer.
        I think this forum is for questions right?!

If you want only Terminal Client then go to the registry and change the shell!
        Your actual shell is explorer, you only need to change to the terminal client exe.
        MCSE w2k
        MCSA w2k - MCSA w2k MESSAGING
        MCDBA SQL2k

Comment

Working...
        X