max users without fully licences

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• max users without fully licences

We have a dev terminal server 2003 r2 that we wanted to knock around.

Currently i have install terminal server in user mode to allow more that 2 concurrent connections.( it is allowing 5 max for now)
    My question is this:
    How do i increase that number of connections with out installing CALS for TS? we want to have at least 7

thanks to all

Re: max users without fully licences

You can't. With TS installed, you'll need TS CAL's, otherwise you won't be able to make more than two connections after the grace period.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      You can't. With TS installed, you'll need TS CAL's, otherwise you won't be able to make more than two connections after the grace period.
      Right now our server (2003) is in Remote Admin mode. So if I want 5 users to be able to access this server I have to buy a CAL for it correct? Would this be the "Client" license, or would I have to buy an additional type as well? Such as a "Device" type?

Can I just buy the Client CAL is what I want to know?

Thanks!

Comment

I'm assuming you mwan that you want 5 people to access the server using Terminal Services. If that's the case then yes, you need to purchase 5 Terminal Server CAL's. I recommend purchasing user CAL's as they allow 5 users to connect from any device. See this excerpt from the link I posted earlier:

Available Terminal Services CALs

The following types of Terminal Server Client Access Licenses are available:
        • <LI class=cueListItem>A TS Device CAL permits one device (used by any user) to utilize Terminal Services functionality on any of your servers.
          <LI class=cueListItem>A TS User CAL permits one user (using any device) to utilize Terminal Services functionality on any of your servers.
          <LI class=cueListItem>TS External Connector for TS permits multiple external users to access a single terminal server; if you have multiple servers you will need multiple external connectors in addition to any required Windows Server External Connectors or App-V for TS External Connectors see here for more information
        • Service Providers License Agreement (SPLA) if you are a service provider hosting Terminal Services see here for more information

You may choose to use a combination of TS Device CALs and TS User CALs simultaneously with the server software.

Comment

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
          I'm assuming you mwan that you want 5 people to access the server using Terminal Services. If that's the case then yes, you need to purchase 5 Terminal Server CAL's. I recommend purchasing user CAL's as they allow 5 users to connect from any device. See this excerpt from the link I posted earlier:

Available Terminal Services CALs

The following types of Terminal Server Client Access Licenses are available:
          • <LI class=cueListItem>A TS Device CAL permits one device (used by any user) to utilize Terminal Services functionality on any of your servers.
            <LI class=cueListItem>A TS User CAL permits one user (using any device) to utilize Terminal Services functionality on any of your servers.
            <LI class=cueListItem>TS External Connector for TS permits multiple external users to access a single terminal server; if you have multiple servers you will need multiple external connectors in addition to any required Windows Server External Connectors or App-V for TS External Connectors see here for more information
          • Service Providers License Agreement (SPLA) if you are a service provider hosting Terminal Services see here for more information
          You may choose to use a combination of TS Device CALs and TS User CALs simultaneously with the server software.
          Cool thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X