Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• User unable to load profile

Hi,

I have a terminal server (W2K3 Enterprise with 8 GB ram) that keeps on kicking me these two errors.
    Event ID 1505

Event Type: Error
    Date: date
    Time: time
    Event ID: 1505
    Source: Userenv
    User: Example\Username
    Computer: ServerName
    Description: Windows cannot load the user's profile but has logged you on with the default profile for the system.
    DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service.
    Event ID 1508

Event Type: Error
    Date: date
    Time: time
    Event ID: 1508
    Source: Userenv
    User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    Computer: ServerName
    Description: Windows was unable to load the registry. This is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.
    DETAIL - Insufficient system resources exist to complete the requested service. for C:\Documents and Settings\Username\ntuser.dat

Subsequently, users cannot log on normally and this appears to occur after about 72 hours of uptime.

I have tried to apply the the fix from this article:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/935649

I have downloaded UPH Cleaner and installed it.

I am really at a loss here. The only thing that seems to resolve this issue is actually rebooting the server.

Can anyone offer some insight to this issue?

Thanks!

Re: User unable to load profile

Two things I would recommend based on my experience with our 20 server TS farm:

1. Reboot the server every night. This releases any resources that might be in use and refreshes the server (memory, cpu, etc.). You can put the built in "shutdown" command line command in a batch file and schedule the batch file to run in the middle of the night.

2. Do not use the /3GB switch in the boot.ini file (if you are) as it takes too much memory away from the kernel, which it needs for loading profiles.

Comment

Re: User unable to load profile

Originally posted by joeqwerty View Post
      Two things I would recommend based on my experience with our 20 server TS farm:

1. Reboot the server every night. This releases any resources that might be in use and refreshes the server (memory, cpu, etc.). You can put the built in "shutdown" command line command in a batch file and schedule the batch file to run in the middle of the night.

2. Do not use the /3GB switch in the boot.ini file (if you are) as it takes too much memory away from the kernel, which it needs for loading profiles.
      Thanks for the reply!

Yeah, that is what I am going to do. The funny thing is when I have a scheduled task run the batch file that runs the shutdown.exe /r command it errors out with a result of 0x1. So right now I am a little confused becuase thats like the simplest command in the book
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X