Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS and Console Connection

Morning All !!

I have a question RE TS and a connection to the console session. Apparently if you run
    Code:
    mstsc /v:server /console
    It will connect you to the console session. I have tried this and it just doesn't, it connect to the server and I can login fine but it uses an RDP connection (in TS manager).

In my opinion this sounds like it will give you access to the session of whoever is logged on locally (i.e Just like a VNC connection), or have I missed something ?

Can anyone clear this up.

Cheers
    topper
    * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

If someone other than you is logged in via the console it will remotely log them out, then log you on.

To answer your question, no you can't snoop someone using that command.
    Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Well it wasn't really for snooping !!! :wink

We have a crappy bit of software that has to run under the logged on user (i.e. the user at the console), and I want to be able to see this running but if it logs off the user which is connected then it's a bit crappy. It still doesn;t seem to work for me though anyway, always logs on under a remote RDP session.

topper.
      * Shamelessly mentioning "Don't forget to add reputation!"

Comment

Well if you log on using the creditals of the current user it will resume the session instead of booting them and logging you on.

If you have fast user switching enabled I think it will keep the current user logged on but inactive so that when they logon again everything is still open. I'm not positive however.
        Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

TS session connected to the console will still show up as RDP session in the TS Manager.
          TS Manager shows the protocol you are using, and in the case of TS to console, you are still using RDP
          Guy Teverovsky
          "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

Also, make sure you're using RDP v5.2, the one from WIN2003, NOT the one from XP...
            Cheers,

Daniel Petri
            Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
            MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Working...
            X