Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installing Office2007 and IE7 on TS

Hi, guys.
    I have 6 Terminal Services servers, based on Windows Server 2003 Enterprise. They are load-balanced by a third party solution. There are 150 users connecting to them, with roaming mandatory profiles.
    What is the best path to upgrade to IE7 (from IE6) and to Office2007 (without Outlook) from Office2003?
    TIA.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Re: Installing Office2007 and IE7 on TS

I've got 16 TS servers supporting about 1200 users with roaming profiles and don't plan to roll out IE7 or Office 2007 until I upgrade the domain to Windows Server 2008 later this year. In my testing in a VMware environment I did upgrade to IE7 and Office 2007 on W2K3 without any issues. I upgraded to Office 2007 right over the top of Office 2007 and didn't have any technical issues. The biggest issues, IMHO, are with end user training as the Office 2007 interface is a radical departure from all previous Office versions.

Comment

10nx, Joe, for the answer...
      I too postponed this pain-in the-neck until no more possible...
      I am especially worried about profile-specific (if any) changes that should be done for both these tough nuts... Like the First-Run IE7 wizard ...

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
      -

Comment

You can image one server and use the load balance to add a few users after the upgrade.
        By doing this, you can move all users to the new server in a few days and having a rollback.
        Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

There are several components that I'm looking forward to using in TS 2008:

1. EasyPrint
          2. TS Session Broker (to replace my current NLB config)
          3. RemoteApp

And some very distinct sticking points in upgrading:

1. W2K3 and W2K8 profiles are not compatible. I have 1200 roaming user profiles to update.

Comment

Working...
          X