Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Strange problem accessing URLs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Strange problem accessing URLs

    This may be in the wrong forum, in which case I apologise. I did think about it.

    We have a strange issue which I'm struggling with.

    We have a client running 3 TS servers on 2003.
    One of the main functions is to allow users to log on the TS and use IE6 to fill in an online form. This has been working fine for months.

    Last week users on TSS02 couldn't access the questionnaire web site but the other two were still fine. TSS02 users could however access any other web sites using IE.

    NS lookup confirmed that the URL resolved okay on TSS02 and if users put in the IP address of the website rather than the URL the that works. Strange. Trouble is that the questionnaire uses the url for linking it's pages.

    Nothing has changed as far as everyone is aware - although we have checked through the security etc. on IE.

    Anybody any idea what is going on?
    Colin

  • #2
    Re: Strange problem accessing URLs

    Delete the profile and re-create it...
    Best Regards,

    Yuval Sinay

    LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Strange problem accessing URLs

      Thanks.

      Found the answer - some silly b* in their IT dept had put a rogue entry in the hosts file! Nobody will admit it though.
      Colin

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Strange problem accessing URLs

        Wow, hosts files. That's so very 1998!

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Strange problem accessing URLs

          Yeah that is why I was so slow on the uptake ...
          Colin

          Comment

          Working...
          X