Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• restrict each user to one session

hey guys,

i have set this to NO and "restrict terminal services users to a single remote session" to not configured ( i have even set it to disabled)

now what happends is i have users with shared login details and it seems that they seem to be stealing each others sessions - how can i make it so it opens up multiple sessions?

thanks guys

Re: restrict each user to one session

Originally posted by krayzie View Post
    users with shared login details
    Can you clarify the above please?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

a few users share the same login, like 1234s for a unit ( they cant change or reset the password - and it never expires)

Comment

If the same credentials are used then it is in effect One session that's used. Windows has no way of distinguishing the persons who provided those credentials.

You could set the "Delete temporary folders on exit" to yes in the Server setting In TS configuration
        or through Group policy as follows:
        Computer Configuration- Administrative Templates-Windows Components-Terminal Services-Session directory
        and look into Join Session Directory options.

Ta
        Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

but wouldnt "restrict each user to one session" mean i could open up more the 1 session per user?

Comment

You can set 1 session limit in MS. You can use Citrix etc. for further control.
            Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

krayzie you are right, this is what 'Restrict each user to one session' means. When this setting is disabled users should be able to make multiple logins.

Please check the registry at the following location:
              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Terminal Server\fSingleSessionPerUser

This value should be set to 0

Also, please check the following registry key:
              HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Win dows NT\Terminal Services\fSingleSessionPerUser

The second key should not be exist, or exist with a value of 0.

Anyhow, please note that the users will all share the same profile.

Comment

Working...
              X