No announcement yet.

Cant add certain printers in citrix

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant add certain printers in citrix

Hi Guys,

Hope you can help with this as your my last hope!

we user a metaframe xp farm running on windows 2000 sp4 server. Our print servers are also running windows 2000 sp4.

All has been fine but now all of a sudden users are having problems connecting to certain printers getting the error message 'You do not have permission to add this printer'

Sounds simple right? WRONG! The driver for the printer is installed on the citrix server and the driver matches the same version as the one on the print server. The problem is not model specific, nor manufacturer specific. For example we have a lot of deskjet 660c's and some of the queues will add fine under a users profile yet others wont. Its not a profile because even after a clean profile is given to the user, it happens again at next logon. Its not server specific rither as its happening for lots of users on most, if not all of our farm of 19 servers.

This may be a red herring but there are masses of even log entries saying the following:

Event ID: 22
    Failed to ugrade printer settings for printer \\servername\printername,LocalOnly driver C:\WINNT\system32\spool\DRIVERS\W32X86\3\UNIDRVUI. DLL error 5.

I have replaced the upgraded unidrv.dll and unidrvui.dll with the one that ships with 2000 sp4 (taken form c:\winnt\driver cache). I'm still waiting to see if this fixes the event log entry but it certainly hasnt fixed the install problem.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Much apreciated if you do!

Re: Cant add certain printers in citrix

1. I guess that you use Unsupported Citrix software so you can find out a nice problems without any resolution.

2. Did you had a printer/printer driver mapping?
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: