Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with RDP on different subnets Vista

Hi,

I have trouble connecting to Widnows server 2003 operating system on different/remote subnets which are connected via VPN, when using Vista Bussines 32bit... On the local subnet such problems do not occur.

When I use XP computer, I have no problems with RDP on remote subnets or local subnet.

I tried 2 commands but they haven't worked for me:

netsh interface tcp set global autotuninglevel=disabled

netsh interface tcp set global rss=disabled

Is there any working solutin with this cause all of PC-s in my company are on Vista?

Re: Problem with RDP on different subnets Vista

I guess that this limitation is a VPN issue...
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Hm... But why that isn't problem with XP, but just with Vista?

Comment

Originally posted by bogi500 View Post
        I have trouble connecting
        What trouble? You've not given much detail - without that, we can't give answers.

How are you accessing the servers - by IP, hostname or FQDN?

How is DNS configured?

Is this a workgroup or a domain?

Help us help you.
        Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Hey, thanks

Well, this is how it stands:

1. We have domain enviroment, our DC-s are in our local subnet.

2. We have 2 gateways. Computers and servers which access remote subnets via VPN have static routes which points them to secondary gateway.

(There is no problem when we are connecting (RDP) from servers/xp-s to servers on remote subnets)

3. We use mostly IP addresses when connecting to servers on remote subnets. But some of us use their hostnames without problem.

4. DNS is configured this way. DNS servers are in local subnets. They are also preffered DNS servers in remote subnets. In remote locations we also have servers which are secondary DNS servers (in case that link or DNS server fails). These remote servers are secondary DNS servers for PC-s in that subnet.

I've also configured routers in remote subnets to use DNS servers in central location.

But I still think that this is Vista and not VPN problem. Maybe I'm wrong, but when servers 2003 and XP computers do work there is great probability that this is Vista problem.

I will try some other things tomorrow, and I will let You know if I've found solution.

Cheers

Comment

There is no logic to work with 2 gateways, and I guess that this cause some routing issue.
            Use "route print" command after connecting XP to the VPN and Vista and compare the results.
            Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Thanks,

I will try that and give You reply if I get the answer

Comment

Hi,

I've tried to connect to remote computers with ultra vnc, no such problems...

I will try route print also

Comment

Working...
                X