Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows 2000 terimanal services licensing...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows 2000 terimanal services licensing...

Hello All,

I have a windows 2000 terminal server. It's licensed and was working until the other day. I've noticed that the license server is reporting that it's not active. I located the clearinghouse telephone number and gave them a call. After being told the license server ID I typed it in and the allowed the wizard to move on to the next step. A box pops up and says "please wait while the wizard locates the Microsoft activation server" and ticks up to about 90% and then stops...

I've been on to the phone with MS but no one seems to be able to tell me how to fix it.

Has anyone come across this problem?
    Does anyone know how to fix it?

Re: Windows 2000 terimanal services licensing...

Did you get a PIN from MS?
    Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Have a look at this, hope it helps: http://www.dabcc.com/miab/miab10/20....er-MIAB-1.aspx

Ta
      Caesar's cipher - 3

ZKHQ BRX HYHQWXDOOB GHFLSKHU WKLV BRX ZLOO UHDOLVH LW ZDV D ZDVWH RI WLPH!

SFX JNRS FC U6 MNGR

Comment

Yeah, I've been on the phone to the clearinghouse a couple of time. They don't have a problem with giving me the activation code.

I've discovered that the drive the License DB is on is full. I suspect that this is the problem. Do you know if there is any issues I should be aware of if I decide to move this off to another machine? I have a different machine I could be the TS licensing server on. What's the minimum amount of space I should leave?

Edit: Oh hang on you mean the PIN not the Product ID. Eh. my predecessor didn't leave me any documentation so I don't actually have that.
        Last edited by antihippy; 29th January 2009, 17:09.

Comment

Working...
        X