Classic Icons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classic Icons

I'm getting so anoyed i'm trying to have everyones that logs on to our 2008 termnal server to have the classic small icons . I have set following group policy but it still doesn't work

Click image for larger version

Name:	grouppolicy.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	125.7 KB
ID:	468120

any ideas??????????????

Re: Classic Icons

that policy only changes the theme, not the icons. I do not believe there is a policy to set icon behavior. You would have to create one using a regkey to GPO converter if you can find the reg key that sets that.

Comment

Hello,

You can also change the default user profile so it will be configured with small icons. after you do that, all new profiles on that server will be configured with small icons. (you might need to delete existing profiles though...)

Here is an MS article on how to configure the Default profile on Windows 2008 - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/959753

Thanks,
      Smart-X

Comment

This is really good info Smart-x, but anyone have any ideas on how to do this with an existing system? I'm trying to standardize on the smaller icons for a terminal server and would prefer to not have to image the entire system.

Comment

Working...
        X