Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS 2008 Session Broker & Cisco

Hi all

I have encountered a problem that I need assistance with. We have 2 2008 TS load balanced with Session Broker which is installed on TS1. The IP addressess are 10.0.0.42 & 10.0.0.43.

We also have a few home users who need to RDP in to TS. I have set up a redirect in the Cisco unit which points to 10.0.0.43 however, occasionally when they try to connect, they get an error message saying unable to connect. This iccurs after they have entered their username and password. Im thinking that it has got to be a problem with session broker as it is trying to direct them to the other TS on IP 42 and is having problems. Is their anyway of making this work with our current setup?

thanks

Mark

Re: TS 2008 Session Broker & Cisco

Which server has which IP?
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

TS1 has 10.0.0.42 and TS2 has 10.0.0.43

Session broker is on TS1

thanks

Comment

Please install the Session Broker on different server..
        Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

If I'm not mistaken, the Cisco will need to support Session Broker tokens. If it doesn't you'll need to set up DNS round robin in order for external connections to be reconnected to their existing sessions.

Comment

Can you explain how setting up session broker on a different server will solve the problem? What IP would I need to point the rdp redirection to If I did? The server with the session broker or one of the TS machines?

Comment

Have a read here:

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc772418.aspx

Comment

I have read that doc before and have setup session broker as mentioned although not on a seperate server. I just dont think that moving it will solve my particular issue. When it gets redirected vie cisco rules, it is pointing to an IP address and not the farm name. When it then tries to connect, if session broker decides that it is to go to the other TS machine ie not the one that cisco points to, it then doesnt connect

I am willing to move session broker but I just want to make sure that it is going to fix my problem because its going to be a pain task!

thanks

Comment

My point here is that, similar to the Session Directory service on 2003, the client needs to have direct access to the TS ip address where the disconnected session is if the firewall does not support Session Broker tokens. To get it to work with your configuration you need to publish both TS ip's in your firewall. You can set up a generic cluster name A record for each TS ip and when the incoming connection hits one TS it will redirect the session to the appropriate server.

Comment

So if I set up two rules in the firewall one saying redirect RDP traffic to 10.0.0.42 and another duplicate one saying redirect to 10.0.0.43, it should work?

Comment

Well I don't know Cisco very well, can you have a "service" based rule that allows RDP to multiple internal hosts? If so, then the answer is yes. You'll need separate NAT rules for each host though, I beleive.

Comment

You need to use TS Gateway.

Once TS broker redirects it does not maintain the session. Meaning the traffic flow is broken and won't pass thru your router.

Comment

Working...
                        X