No announcement yet.

Terminal Server Performance

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Server Performance

Hello all

i have a Problem with performance in my terminal server.
    the hardware are :

cpu : 2x intel xeon dual core 5130 2Ghz
    4g Memory
    2x 300Ghz Sata HD

The Software is Windows 2003 Server R2

this server is used for clients connecting to the internet.
    there are about 15 users online always.

the problem start when users browsing pages that takes a lot of cpu use because all the movies and flash players , like the pages or

how can i limit the user sassion or the iexplorer for each user ?
    is there any software that i can install on the server that take control of the user or service performance ?

and i don`t meen citrix .

Re: Terminal Server Performance

The problem is not the server it's the web pages. Dynamic web content in a TS session is always poor. You can disable IE by using a GPO.

Regarding those two sites, the problem is even simpler: it's the heavy Flash content that make the server work hard...
      Try and disable the Flash add-on in IE and see if it solves the problem.
      If it did, it's your call. I would be very glad to disable Flash on my TS servers, unfortunately it cannot be done (company policy... ).

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.

I had the same problem here. The problem was explained and demonstrated to a couple of directors, they then allowed me to disable web browsing on the TS servers.
        If the information you receive helps please let us know and leave reputation points where appropriate.

The good news about computers is that they do what you tell them to do. The bad news is that they do what you tell them to do. - Ted Nelson

You can block flash/pictures etc. Also, in he future please buy server hardware with SAS disks.
          Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog: