Change folder view for all folders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change folder view for all folders

I have many Terminal Servers installed where the "Folder options" under the tools menu is disabled.
    Now there is an issue where the user(s) want to have the folder view in a list style.

So i have enabled the "Folder options", so the user can push the button "Apply to all folders", but this doesn't work.

I am looking for a way to set all folders to a list view, instead by hand and one folder at the time. I prefer doing this with the "Folder Options" disabled.

Is there any other way wich always work to set a specific list view for users?

Re: Change folder view for all folders

It's probably stored in the user's registry hive, in which case you could write a custom ADM template and apply it through a GPO to that user.
    Gareth Howells

BSc (Hons), MBCS, MCP, MCDST, ICCE

Any advice is given in good faith and without warranty.

Please give reputation points if somebody has helped you.

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Originally posted by gforceindustries View Post
      It's probably stored in the user's registry hive, in which case you could write a custom ADM template and apply it through a GPO to that user.
      You are saying it correctly: PROBABLY
      I have tried so many keys and imports / exports of the registry, i can't image there is something i didn't tried.

I have found a huge amount of keys to try and all those keys didn't solved the problem.

It is not some easy problem wich i have, if it was i can solve it by myself with the help of all the forums. In this case, i can't find any solution on this forum, expert exchange, and so many other forums.

Comment

Have you used Process Monitor to keep an eye on what happens when you change the setting manually? That'll show you where the setting is stored.
        Gareth Howells

"For by now I could have stretched out my hand and struck you and your people with a plague that would have wiped you off the Earth." (Exodus 9:15) - I could kill you with my thumb.

"Everything that lives and moves will be food for you." (Genesis 9:3) - For every animal you don't eat, I'm going to eat three.

Comment

Well first hit in

http://smallvoid.com/article/winnt-d...lder-view.html

quote from the same website for detailed view, change mode to 3 for list style:
          Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shel lNoRoam]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shel lNoRoam\Bags]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shel lNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Shel lNoRoam\Bags\AllFolders\Shell]
          “vid”=”{137E7700-3573-11CF-AE69-08002B2E1262}”
          “WFlags”=dword:00000000
          “Mode”=dword:00000004
          Last edited by Dumber; 17th November 2008, 15:33.
          Marcel
          Technical Consultant
          Netherlands
          http://www.phetios.com
          http://blog.nessus.nl

MCITP(EA, SA), MCSA/E 2003:Security, CCNA, SNAF, DCUCI, CCSA/E/E+ (R60), VCP4/5, NCDA, NCIE - SAN, NCIE - BR, EMCPE
          "No matter how secure, there is always the human factor."

"Enjoy life today, tomorrow may never come."
          "If you're going through hell, keep going. ~Winston Churchill"

Comment

There you go - doing a little bit of research will reap plenty of rewards. Easy enough to knock together a simple ADM to cover that.
            Gareth Howells

Comment

Working...
            X