Adding a local network printer on a different domain

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adding a local network printer on a different domain

We are in the process of migrating two domains. We merged with a new company and we have some users that are now connecting over RDP to the other company. We are having an issue with local printing when connected via the RDP. I use in this office a MFP 4345 HP printer, the print drive that we have installed on the local printer is the 4000 ps which works great with this system. Unfortunately when our user connects to the other domain over RDP, they are unable to print any reports in the TS session.
    I hope I have explainged our issue well enough, if more information is needed please let me know.

Synopses:

Domain A- user logs in on Win2K workstation, connects to other domain over a TS session to an SBS 2003 server.

Local printer is a network printer (HP4345x, 4000 ps print driver)

When connected to TS, and runs business app, can not print to local printer.

Thanks for the help,

Re: Adding a local network printer on a different domain

You could try installing the printer on the ts server as the administrator and then giving the everyone group permission to print
    Please remember to award reputation points if you have received good advice.
    I do tend to think 'outside the box' so others may not always share the same views.

MCITP -W7,
    MCSA+Messaging, CCENT, ICND2 slowly getting around to.

Comment

Hi,

Some little bit confusion with your issue.

Any how, I am trying to give the solution with my level best.

I thought you were able to ping the RDP server from your local network.

Have you configured the printer on the Remote sever, which you have connected. If not by typing the system name or ip, which the system having the printer drivers.

Procedure to do:

On the RDP server, type in the run prompt [\\system name or IP] of the drivers contained server and click on the displayed printer sever icon. then try to give the test print.

Thanks,
      RAVI CH.
      Last edited by chigurusetty; 11th November 2008, 23:23.

Comment

Hi
        Tray this solution:
        1) Install the printer drivers on the TS server.
        2) Make sure that the users that need to print marked the printers at the RDP client. options -> Local Resources -> Printers.

Another thing that you will need to check, if the TS it allowing to connect printers at RDP connections.

Hope that will help you

Comment

Working...
        X