Multiple profiles to edit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple profiles to edit

OK, so I have some 40 user profiles to edit. These are roaming profiles, in a farm of 4 2003 TS servers.
    Until know, I loaded the ntuser.dat of the specific user in Regedit and changed the relevant key(s). But I don't feel like doing this for 40 users... . Other method I used once was to delete the profiles, alter the Default User's profile and then recreate them. It feels a little goofy...
    Is there any other way of editing multiple user profiles, that I have missed?

TIA !!

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
    -

Re: Multiple profiles to edit

Script? ADMODIFY tool? etc.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Originally posted by sorinso View Post
      changed the relevant key(s)
      Which keys in particular?
      cheers
      Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Thanks for the answers, guys.
        Yuval: I'm trying to edit the user's profile, to add languages and change his homepage. Does ADMODIFY has this capability?
        Andy: I need to add some languages to the user's keyboard (Spanish and French) and to change the properties of the IE icon in the QuickLaunch to have another homepage. Any ideas?

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
        -

Comment

Never edited the ntuser.dat I have to admit but could you edit the default user or all users one? Would that work?
          cheers
          Andy

Comment

Originally posted by AndyJG247 View Post
            Never edited the ntuser.dat I have to admit but could you edit the default user or all users one? Would that work?
            Default User works, this is how I did all the changes so far...
            All Users won't, since I set the GPO on the TS users to disregard the ALL Users settings (and I need it that way).
            I am talking here about a group of TS users, not all of them (almost a quarter of them).

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Hmm. Can you not change these things with a GPO?
              cheers
              Andy

Comment

Not anything can be done with GPO. I need to add two languages to the keyboard, I don't think there's a way of using GPO for that ...

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

I dont know if this will help in any way:
                  http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/...additiona.aspx
                  Tom Jones
                  MCT, MCSE (2000:Security & 2003), MCSA:Security & Messaging, MCDBA, MCDST, MCITP(EA, EMA, SA, EDA, ES, CS), MCTS, MCP, Sec+
                  PhD, MSc, FIAP, MIITT
                  IT Trainer / Consultant
                  Ossian Ltd
                  Scotland

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points where appropriate **

Comment

Like Stonelaughter said, "looks promising"
                    10nx, I'll take a look. I see as for now a problem in lack of 2008 servers and Vista machines...
                    I'll let you know.

Sorin Solomon

-

Comment

Working...
                    X