Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creating multiple TS profiles on Win2k3

Hello
    I have a windows 2003 domain with a citrix presentation server (v4.5) in our environment. I would like to be able to take my citrix profiles off of the citrix server and move them elsewhere. I'd like to know in AD how I can create terminal service profiles for multiple users, rather than go through each user and set a TS path. Is this possible without running any scripts? I highlighted a couple of users while holding down the ctrl key and selected properties, but it does not give me the option to modify the TS profile - only the roaming profile and home user directories.

thanks

Re: Creating multiple TS profiles on Win2k3

You can use the nice tool:

http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...s/admodify.htm

You can also use GPO folder redirect etc. or Citrix policy.
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

ok - let me ask this question ..
      if i took a couple of users, added a unc path to the terminal services profile, and i have a user log into my citrix server, wont their profile now be used in the path i specified and not on the c drive (documents and settings) of the citrix server?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamie View Post
        ok - let me ask this question ..
        if i took a couple of users, added a unc path to the terminal services profile, and i have a user log into my citrix server, wont their profile now be used in the path i specified and not on the c drive (documents and settings) of the citrix server?
        No, at least not in the way you are thinking. Profiles are always created locally on the Windows server. The variable component that comes in is "how is the local profile built at logon and where does it come from?". This is where mandatory, roaming, local, default user profiles, and other types of profiles such as hybrid and flex all have a hand in the equation depending on how the server/users are configured for profiles. In the case of roaming profiles, when the user logs off, whatever was changed in the profile is copied back out to the UNC where the roaming profile was specified. Mandatory profiles work in much the same way, except the last part does not happen because the mandatory profile is read only. Changes can be made during the user's session but they won't be saved and thus won't survive a logoff event.

By the way, in order to create a GPO that forces all users to use the same mandatory profile, you have to apply hotfix Microsoft KB908011.
        VCDX3 #34, VCDX4, VCDX5, VCAP4-DCA #14, VCAP4-DCD #35, VCAP5-DCD, VCPx4, vEXPERTx4, MCSEx3, MCSAx2, MCP, CCAx2, A+
        boche.net - VMware Virtualization Evangelist
        My advice has no warranties. Follow at your own risk.

Comment

Working...
        X