• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terminal server logon issue

Hello all

I'm working at a new location where I'm geting printer warnings
    event ID : 3, 4 8, 2

Here is how things are configured --

I have a windows 2000 server running terminal services. There's 25 users who connect to this everyday. I have another w2kserver box that is the file and print server. There is only 2 printers but they have 4 trays each with different paper ie. plain, letter, invoice, cert. so there is 8 different printers setup for printing.

Everytime a user logs onto the terminal server it automatically loads the 8 printers. I'm trying to figure out how these printers are being loaded. I want to remove this script from running or batch file or whatever it is.... but I can't seem to find it.

Everyday the server log is filled with print warnings about printing sessions.

I added the printers manually to a user and this seems to work fine- this would be a little more time consuming but it seems like a better solution. -- this option doesn't create the printer warnings. it keeps the printers installed and they don't need to be reinstalled after log on and log off. I'm not sure why the IT guy created this and he's no longer around.

but I still can't get the original 8 to stop loading eveytime

When you log on there is 2 scripts that run but they have nothing to do with printers - there for a 3rd party insurance application that maps drive to the file server.

If anybody can point me in the right direction or help me out it would be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files

In the GPO applied to the Terminal Server set the "Do not allow client printer redirection" to true.
    Attached Files
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"