No announcement yet.

Another Terminal Services Web Connection thread

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Terminal Services Web Connection thread

So I have been researching this topic for quite some time now and have utilized multiple Petri documents to get it up and running. When I test things internally it works exactly how I want it to and I desire to get this up and running. However, the way I am envisioning this to be used is externally. I would like my users to be able to hit a certain website and click on a server to login to without connecting to our VPN, etc. I have tried without success to forward the appropriate ports through our firewall to enable this to work. Do any of you have any recommendations on how I can accomplish this? My basic setup is a 2003 SP1 server internally that is running Terminal Services Web. I would like to be able to connect to it from the outside and then TS into any of my internal servers. I have everything working internally, but when I tried externally the webpage comes up but it cannot connect to anything. Thanks for the look!

Re: Another Terminal Services Web Connection thread

For TS Web you will need to open TCP 3389 + TCP 443 from the world to the LAN.
    Also, why not to use SSL VPN ike Microsoft SSL VPN solution? btw.. Its recommanded to move to SP2 on the server...
    Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Re: Another Terminal Services Web Connection thread

Thanks for the information! I was able to get it connected across the Internet, but now im not sure I even want to bother pursuing this. It would appear that I would have to have a different listening port for every server in order to complete this task. We do have VPN's set up, but we often run into problems with off-site home configurations (routers, switches, firewalls, etc). I believe I have everything I need though. Thanks for the help!