No announcement yet.

Terminal Services keyboard layout issue

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terminal Services keyboard layout issue

Hi all,

I have an issue with keyboard layout/input locale on terminal server sessions. Clients are qwerty and sessions are azerty.

Server is a Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server. Clients are Windows Mobile 5 Barcode Scanners. Up until today everything was fine, and since this morning one server (company has several) refuses to follow the input locale of it's clients. Only event in de logs is install of an update for IE7 and malicious software removal tool via windows update and a server reboot this morning.

The weird thing about this is that the scanners have a on-screen qwerty keyboard, and the layout in scanner's session in azerty. My laptop uses qwerty as well, but my session is fine, even if I log on with the credentials used on the scanner... My collague uses an azerty layout, and his session defaults to qwerty as well...

I really dont know how to troubleshoot this, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thnx in advance,

Re: Terminal Services keyboard layout issue

I resolved the issue myself. I removed Dutch/Belgian-period input/layout and added Belgian-period layout to English US input locale. So there is one input language with two keyboard layouts as opposed to two input languages with separate layouts. Weird prob though...