Citrix login 'page not displayed' for LAN/VPN users

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Citrix login 'page not displayed' for LAN/VPN users

This issue is rather odd...and we've pretty much exhausted our IT resources available to try and determine what the issue is. I'm no Citrix guru...but I shouldn't need my hand held to answer some questions if I need to supply additional information. Here is the scenario:

We've had this in place and working until recently discovered that new machines we load will not be able to access the Citrix website through IE when on the LAN or VPN, however from the outside (via Sprint air card or whatever other means) the website will load up and prompt for username/password. Thereafter, even if the machine is hooked back to the LAN or over VPN, the site will work.

Immediately we thought DNS...however both internally and externally the DNS resolves the same (we want all users to appear as if they're coming from the 'outside' in our firewall). If I set the DNS to publicly available DNS servers while on the LAN, it resolves the same and will not work. And to add fuel to the issue, on previously existing machines that are using it over the VPN or LAN it works, while new loads don't. We can't seem to find a correlation between IE versions/updates (issue appears on both 6 & 7 and also works on both) or Citrix Web client versions. The thing is...even without the Citrix web client installed, you should still receive the login page.

Any ideas? Need additional information?

Thanks,
    ~Kara
    'What we do not make conscious emerges later as fate.' Carl Jung

Re: Citrix login 'page not displayed' for LAN/VPN users

Are you able to ping from inside the LAN?
    MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

I am, I just opened up ICMP to test...I was able to ping to the external IP from both a machine (on the LAN) that is currently working. I then moved to a machine that's coming over a VPN which is currently not working, I was able to ping. I then pinged the FQDN and it responded and resolved correctly.

Thanks for the reply.
      ~Kara

Comment

By the way...to add another mixed up note...on a machine which will not load the login screen...I can 'telnet apps.mydomain.com 443' and it connects. Go figure. However the IE page will still say 'cannot display the webpage' when I go to 'https://apps.mydomain.com'. How does that make sense?

**EDIT** I wanted to also add that I just found out if I make a new local profile on a machine which has a user that can access the site, the new local profile will not load the login page (on LAN) until I connect to the sprint card and open the page for the first time. Thereafter the site will work no matter what connection I'm on.
        Last edited by karatecki; 7th July 2008, 21:04. Reason: Additional info w/o making new post.
        ~Kara

Comment

Solution found...we had to import the Network Solutions CA pack (while on the LAN this would not happen automatically). It doesn't make sense to me though because by default IE accepts Network Solutions as a CA. And I can't see any difference in the expiration date from the default pack to the one we install.

Hopefully someone may be able to answer this for me though...is there some misconfiguration that we've made which would cause the CA not to work in IE while going over the VPN or LAN? Since it automatically works when browsing from an external ISP, I have to conclude that the issue is on our server but I don't know where to start. In the meantime, we can manually import the CA in our machine loading process.

Thanks for any suggestions...
          ~Kara

Comment

Cool, glad you got that fixed and thanks for sharing your solution with us.
            MCITP:SA, MCSA 2003, MCP, CCNA, A+, Net+, Security+

Comment

Working...
            X