Remote Desktop Causes remote server to reboot

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remote Desktop Causes remote server to reboot

I have 2 remote Windows server2003 r2 servers that when I try to log on to with Remote Desktop, sometimes the remote system just reboots. Everything is setup correctly on both ends and I have no problems remoting to other servers at the same locations.
    Anyone else ever experience the problem, and is their a solution to it?

Re: Remote Desktop Causes remote server to reboot

If it just hard reboots then I would start looking at hardware issues as well as software. Replace the NIC drivers and check updates etc are applied. If it is a well known server make they will have hardware logs you can look at as well.
    If it is happening to both servers then maybe power issues (not enough) or something like AV possibly.
    Have you cheked the event logs?
    cheers
    Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

Also check some of the services some may be set to reboot if the service fails.
      What do I know, I am only 26.

Comment

The most known issues are:

1. Bad Video adapter.
        2. Antivirus.
        3. Bad drivers (even printers drivers..)
        Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Have you checked the always informative event logs? Start >> run >> eventvwr

Also, is "Automatically Restart" selected in the startup and recovery options? Right click my computer >> properties >> advanced tab >> startup and recovery >> uncheck "Automatically restart".

Make sure to peruse the log files to see what's going on and keep us up to date!
          Wesley David
          LinkedIn | Careers 2.0
          -------------------------------
          Microsoft Certifications: MCSE 2003 | MCSA:Messaging 2003 | MCITP:EA, SA, EST | MCTS: a'plenty | MCDST
          Vendor Neutral Certifications: CWNA
          Blog: www.TheNubbyAdmin.com || Twitter: @Nonapeptide || GTalk, Reader and Google+: [email protected] || Skype: Wesley.Nonapeptide
          Goofy kitten avatar photo from Troy Snow: flickr.com/photos/troysnow/

Comment

Thank you guys,I do check the event viewer a lot and go to the MS website to check,but no matches, attached the error message ,btw I've got 2 servers ( one new ,one used for 2 years) ,they both have the problem recently...but other 2 servers are doing fine...really weird
            Attached Files

Comment

let me add something:

for the 2 servers which have problems,one is new ,and other one have been running for over 2 years, the problem came out recently on May... I used to thought that this may caused by some MS security patches or the Norton virus update,but why only these 2 servers have the problem but other 2 are good... ps:totally I've got 4 servers to maintain.

Comment

Originally posted by ele_dh View Post
                Thank you guys,I do check the event viewer a lot and go to the MS website to check,but no matches
                Have you tried updating the network, video etc drivers though?
                I know MS brought out a patch for the tcp chimney etc side of things that was causing issues with older NIC drivers, probably unrelated but certainly worth updating everything you can.
                cheers
                Andy

Please read this before you post:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Comment

I ed the ErrorID you got... Take a look at this, see if you find something that helps.

Sorin Solomon

In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.
                  -

Comment

Thanks ,I will try debugging and see if there're new drivers, will let u guys know if I got any progress

Comment

Did you tried:

http://www.google.co.il/search?hl=en&q=0x805000f&meta=

?
                      Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

Working...
                      X