Problems since 2nd TS installed

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems since 2nd TS installed

We have 2 2003 terminal servers
    terminalserver1 (which is setup for device CALS) not working
    terminalserver2 (which is setup for user CALS) working OK.

The problems only started when terminalserver2 was installed.

When we try to remote into terminalserver1 we get an error logged in the event viewer on terminalserver1 which says

“The terminal server client PC1 has been disconnected because its license could not be renewed. The license server terminalserver2 was contacted to get Windows Server 2003 - Terminal Server Per Device CAL Token. license for this client.”

And a message on screen from the client saying “The remote session was disconnected because there are no terminal server licences for this computer”

There are 6 device CALS available on terminalserver1.

The problem is that although terminalserver1 was the original terminal server, it has within “Terminal Server Licensing” automatically put in terminalserver2 for issuing licences! I can manually put terminalserver1 back in but it removes it whenever I close the screen down.

I thought about deactivating terminalserver2 from “Terminal Server Licensing” on terminalserver1 but am worried that it stops terminalserver2 from working!

Any suggestions from anybody?
    Last edited by gjs010; 5th June 2008, 12:28.

Re: Problems since 2nd TS installed

Did you tried:

Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn:, Blog:

Re: Problems since 2nd TS installed

i think i'll try "setting a preferred license server" from within the registry. i'll let you know how i get on.