My CPU giving me Problems...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My CPU giving me Problems...

My CPU is often on 100% work even if i don't have any heavy programs working. What can i do? Is there a way to know if it's the CPU or not? it's a mobile computer,Pentium4. Thanks alot.

Well its time to check things like is it a virus, have you tried any spyware checkers?
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Look at the task manager process list. What is using the most CPU time? Google the name of the program, you can usually find out from doing this if a suspect program is a virus or spyware.
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I am having the same Issue, I have a Windows 2000 server with and access program that has a database. I have terminal services runnning to it so that people can access the program. my CPU reading is @ 100 %. I notice thatt MSACCESS eats up most of the CPU. Is this normal

Comment

Originally posted by robman78
          I am having the same Issue, I have a Windows 2000 server with and access program that has a database. I have terminal services runnning to it so that people can access the program. my CPU reading is @ 100 %. I notice thatt MSACCESS eats up most of the CPU. Is this normal
          Its not abnormal for a DB to utilize a lot of CPU time. 100% all the time is a problem however, especially if its not in use.
          Andrew

Comment

Working...
          X