Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Running TS with multiple ports

I would like to know how can I set my terminal server to listen to
    more than one port (3389). i need to use it for ssh tunneling since i have problems to tunnel 3389 to WinXP machine which listen to 3389 (Remote Desktop).

thanks.

man ssh

ssh -R 3389:your_TS_ip:6666 [email protected]_router

This will create SSH session to your linux router and will forward the TS port from your TS server to port 6666 on your machine. If you are ssh-ing from XP (Putty ?), look at the port-forwarding section. The feature is well documented in Putty's manual.

Antid0t
    Guy Teverovsky
    "Smith & Wesson - the original point and click interface"

Comment

I know how to make ssh tunneling.
      i want to know how to make Windows 2000 Terminal Server to
      listen to more than one port.

Comment

Wait, I'll give you the answer in a few minutes.
        Cheers,

Daniel Petri
        Microsoft Most Valuable Professional - Active Directory Directory Services
        MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Ok

Run REGEDIT on your TS.

Export the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp

Edit the REG file and change the name of the key to something like:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Terminal Server\WinStations\RDP-Tcp-New

In the REG file find

PortNumber

and change it to whatever port you want.

Import the REG file back to the registry and bingo!!!
          Cheers,

Daniel Petri
          MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Its workin but...

OK. its working. I'm able to connect my server with two ports but:
            my aim is to run terminal services on two ports (3389 and 338 and make ssh tunneling to my_server:3388 from Windows XP.
            since WinXp is running also mini-terminal server (remote desktop) I can't establish connection to 3388 through tunneling.
            this is what i'm doing:
            configured ssh forwarding by forward local port 3388 to remote port on my TS server:3388.
            when running 'Remote Desktop Connection' program from XP pro with the following param: localhost:3388 i get this message:
            "The client could not connect. You are already connected to the console of this computer. A new console session cannot be established"

I tried to run it with several compatibility modes with same results.
            anyone have an idea how to make connect ts by tunnling from xp-pro mahine?

thanks in advance.

Comment

You are only allowed 1 concurrent connect thru RDP/TS to XP pro. Sounds like your trying to force 2 connections at the same time?

Comment

Does it mean I can't connect from WinXP pro to any TS behind firewall\IPsec policy without vpn?
                Few monthes ago i managed to bypass this isseu by copying mstsc.exe and mstscax.dll to alternative place other than c:\%windir%\system32 and run it with compatibility mode of win2k. this worked fine until recently.
                mayby M$ made some changes with mstsc.exe?

its quite frustrating since I have TS cluster behind firewall and IPsec policy and many of my users use XP pro and would liked to connect the TS.

any other ideas?

thanks in advance.

Comment

Hei, guess what???

My tip (listed as a response to your question) has made the Microsoft Knowledge Base!!!

See for yourself:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=555031
                  Cheers,

Daniel Petri
                  MCSA/E, MCTS, MCITP, MCT

Comment

Way to go Dan.

But they left out the BINGO part.

Heheh

Comment

Working...
                    X