X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• multiple Windows 2000 Terminal Server sessions

Hello,

Can anyone help me with the following problem :
    We have a client where we placed sometime ago a Windows 2000 terminal server connected to a public adsl line (with dynamic ip).
    The terminal services itself work great but sometime the connection drops and the session stays open (not disconnected, but idle).
    Is there any option that you can configure so that an idle connection will be automaticly disconnected?
    Can you please let me know if this is possible for Windows 2000 server and Windows Server 2003?

Regards,
    Tim Van Engeland

In Active Directory under the 'sessions' tab of the users in question you should see a set of drop down boxes like 'End a disconnected session' and 'idle session limit'. You need to set these settings.

Hope this helps

PS - If you have lots of users to change you can use AD Modify to do a bulk change of lots of users.
    Server 2000 MCP
    Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

Originally posted by tonyyeb
      In Active Directory under the 'sessions' tab of the users in question you should see a set of drop down boxes like 'End a disconnected session' and 'idle session limit'. You need to set these settings.

Hope this helps

PS - If you have lots of users to change you can use AD Modify to do a bulk change of lots of users.
      In addition to these users level settings you can also achieve this by applying a group policy to domain or OU.

See...

Computer Configuration>Administrative Templates>Terminal Services>Sessions
      [Sets a time limit for active but idle Terminal Services sessions]
      Andrew

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

I thought there was but i didn't want to say without checking. Thanks Andrew
        Server 2000 MCP
        Development: ASP, ASP.Net, PHP, VB, VB.Net, MySQL, MSSQL - Check out my blog http://tonyyeb.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X