Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• see all sessions mapped printers

Hi,

on terminal 2K3 how can i make all the users to see all redirect printers without allowing them to be Power Users or Administrator?

THX

Re: see all sessions mapped printers

Apologies, but I'm struggling to understand what your asking?

You want all users to see all mapped printers when they log on or you want to give users the ability to map printers themselves?

Michael
    Michael Armstrong
    www.m80arm.co.uk
    MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **

Comment

i'll explain my self better.

i use terminal server 2003 and users that connect to my TS there local printers are mapped to the ts.
      users cannot see each other mapped printer.what i want is that all users can see each other printers and print to it. i can do that when i add all users to the Power Users group,but this is unsafe. so how can i do that with all users that are not in the Power Users group?.

Thx

Comment

If you don't have many users then there is an easy way that we do it, We use it to allow a DOS app to print to remote printers. If you have many users this is not the method to use.

You should only have to do this ONCE for each user.

1 - with the user logged on take control of their session
        2 - find the redirected printer in the printers folder
        3 - create a new share of that printer and allow permissions for authenticated users.
        4 - new users should now be able to map that printer to their own sessions using the share.

even though the TSXXXX session number might change when the user connects the next time, the printer sharing is based from their computer name and windows will map the new TSXXXX session number to the correct printer.
        Stacey Smith
        Sr. Systems Engineer

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane --Samuel Clemens

Comment

Thx for your answer,but it's hard to implement in my environment.
          any other suggestions how can i implement what i want?

THX

Comment

Hi,

Try to add the users to the printer operator group...
            I didnt check this, but it may be useful.
            Best Regards,

Yuval Sinay

LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/yuval14, Blog: http://blogs.microsoft.co.il/blogs/yuval14

Comment

already try that and it's not working.

Comment

Working...
              X