No announcement yet.

Netmeeting issues in winXP

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netmeeting issues in winXP

Hello Experts,

Basically, I am trying to connect my computer to my brother's in another country through netmeeting. I am using a wireless router and he is using a wireless router as well. We both have Windows XP installed.

Both of us have ip's starting with, We are not able to recieve each others call, when we try & place a call.

I'm able to connect to another wireless laptop in my house just by calling with the ip address

How do I connect to my brother's computer through netmeeting? What ip shall I use to connect to his computer?

Any help?

Thanks in advance

Re: Netmeeting issues in winXP

192.168.x.x is a Private non routable address range. What you need to do is get the IP of your ADSL or Cable modem and then forward the appropriate port(s) to the 192.168.x.x IP.

You are able to connect to the PC in your house because they are on your Internal network running the 192.168 IP range.
    Departed: 23rd December 2015

Re: Netmeeting issues in winXP

This may be of some assistance as well:

Michael Armstrong
      MCITP: EA, MCTS, MCSE 2003, MCSA 2003: Messaging, CCA, VCP 3.5, 4, 5, VCAP5-DCD, VCAP5-DCA, ITIL, MCP, PGP Certified Technician

** Remember to give credit where credit is due and leave reputation points sigpic where appropriate **